Monday, October 5, 2009

She's Crafty



This past weekend I was in my first craft show selling my feather jewelry. Close friend and fellow artist Emerson Street and I shared an outdoor booth. Not to be biased, but I think we had the BEST looking booth there…I also think we were the youngest crafters there. With our booth adorned with Christmas lights, bright colored scarves and a great GM Performance canopy (thanks Dad!), you would have thought we would have had more traffic. It was a cloudy, chilly day and the last hour it poured so I’m thinking the weather was a big factor as well.

The upside is that we did sell a few things each (about enough to pay for supplies and entry fees). It was considered a pretty successful day and family and friends were kind enough to come out to support us.

Now, what I’m wondering is…how do you attract a crowd at a craft fair?
Anyone have any advice, pointers or just knowledge they’d like to share?

Thanks and until next time…

FT

1 comment:

  1. I think bringing a dog is the trick! Ratchie next time! :]

    ReplyDelete