Thursday, October 29, 2009

Can You Tell Me How To Get, How To Get To Emerson Street?

It’s very rare that someone can say they actually get to experience a true artist’s work. To see someone who has creativity and raw talent radiating at all times is quite the treat. What’s even better is when you can call an artist a very good friend…who is this glorious, artistic wonder that I’m obviously in awe of? You may know her as Emerson Street Stamps, Traveling Painter, or what I know her as; Molly Carlson.

Much to my surprise she’s never been featured on a blog, so I figured this would be a perfect opportunity for me to introduce you to her. Born in North Carolina, raised between home and a horse farm. She now lives in the chilly Chicago ‘burbs (yep, took that right from her blog bio…because I can!). She has a genuine love of creating, sharing, horses and her family (including a very sweet ball of fuzz, Kaya). From a personal standpoint she’s my (almost) weekly crafting buddy, craft fair partner in crime, and over all amazing friend. We drink coffee, gossip, vent and of course craft and create. From a fellow artist standpoint, she’s great at what she does and I have the utmost respect for her talent.

Right now she has 2 stores of her work online, Emerson Street on Artfire and Traveling Painter on Etsy. Both of which are very impressive. They showcase two completely different styles but are barely the tip of her iceberg of talent. Emerson Street is a great place to find just about any kind of hand carved stamp imaginable, and then some. Molly has an amazing talent to create anything you’d want as a custom order (I saw her do it at our last craft show). Her Etsy store Traveling Painter, is a shop full of absolutely beautiful fine art prints, original paintings, and illustrations. You can find anything from hand drawn greeting cards to mixed media painting. I am lucky enough to display some of her work in my home.

So….straight to my point, check out her stores or blog to get to know an amazing artist and crafter. She is epitome of sweet. If you’re looking for a little love and plenty of Southern hospitality drop her a line…she loves to chat (stole that little line from her bio too!).

1 comment:

  1. aww you are so sweet! thank you for featuring me :-D you are pretty inspiring yourself miss feathah queen!

    ReplyDelete