Friday, April 30, 2010

You're a What?!

Two actual weeks in and I'm still alive! Hooray! Seriously, it's been two weeks into my new job and what a difference it has made! I get home earlier, my boss is great (and very appreciative), got a new MacBook Pro, got my own office (eventually) and most importantly I have my sanity back. It no longer takes me hours to decompress after work and I actually enjoy my longer drive to work. There is really no point to this entry except that I love my job, even though it's not really anything I thought I'd ever be doing.

For as long as I can remember I always thought I'd be the person behind the computer/lens/canvas. I've been an artist my whole life and now I'm...MANAGING! EEK! I used to shutter to think about being a manger of projects and having to be the one on the front lines making sure everything gets done I am surprisingly loving it. I knew I wanted to make a change and I think this is exactly what I was looking for.

It's honestly nothing I've never done before. I've always worked for small agencies where we all had to do everything and always talk to clients. I must say that my design background has been helping and of course I'm picking up on things that most people wouldn't notice in designs and advertisements. So with my new found like of a career, hopefully that'll de-clog my brain enough to start getting back to my feather stuff and Etsy and Artfire stores. They've paid the price of 24/7 job stress! I can truthfully say I've never been so happy to be on the other side of the computer! Till next time! FT

P.S.
We have our engagement pics this weekend. We're working with some really AWESOME photographers...I couldn't be more excited. I'll for sure keep you posted on the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment