Monday, April 5, 2010

Hello Monday!

It’s been awhile. I know, I know, my excuse is that I’m super busy but over the last 2 weeks things in my life have changed and for the much better (and less busy). Here’s a short recap of the major events:

Last week I FINALLY got to take a few days off of work. I spent one day with one of my Maid(s) of Honor Danielle, picking out her dress, and having in general, carefree wonderful day. It was nice to relive the days when I didn’t have to work so much and we’d just hang out all day. It was shopping, nails and catching up, I couldn’t ask for more! I then made a quick trip down to Austin, TX. Down there I surprised my other Maid of Honor, my cousin Heidi. It was great, I hadn’t seen her for 3 years and we needed some time together. While down there I got to catch up with other family, meet some new family members and bask my stressed out body in the sun and warmth.

Although I had to come back to reality and much colder weather, I was ready and felt all warm and tingly when I saw the Woodsman in his pickup pulling up to the arrivals at O’Hare Airport. We’re getting married in less than 4 months and things are going amazingly well…oh yeah, and I had an interview the next morning. The third and last interview that I will (hopefully) ever have; AND I got the job!

I thought, piece of cake, just get through the last few weeks of hell on Earth, and you’re golden. I gave my 2 weeks on Wednesday only to get fired on Friday. WHAT?! FIRED?! Yep, my boss who most of you know is a complete fail at humanity. He once told me when he cut our staff down by 1/3 that “No one leaves here so be happy you still have your job…” that is completely B.S. I left but he was right, he needed the last word and fired me. What a big, badass guy…he really showed me :)

I now have a lot of time to relax and recoup the past years of hell that I’ve gone through working at that place and I couldn’t be happier. Seriously, I needed out and didn’t even owe the guy notice but my morals and good work ethic got the best of me. I’ll be around, catching up on wedding stuff (I have plans to make ALL the attendant gifts and pretty much everything else). I have a box full of feather stuff to get listed and lots of laundry to get through. I’ll keep you posted on what I get done and how things are going.

Times are finally a’changin and I’m willing and ready…

P.S.

I LOVE baseball…GO WHITE SOX!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! I'm glad you have escaped that hell hole!

    I'm so glad you surprised me as well! I needed that time with you more than I realized! Only 4 months and we can hang out again! And celebrate your nuptials!

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete