Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Dear…


I’m going to be a Mrs in less than a year! (5 months be exact)

So where have I been the past few weeks? Besides drowning in work, job hunt and crafting for custom orders, I also go engaged. Still, over a week later, seems so foreign for me to stay. Not that it’s a bad thing, just very very different. I knew from the time I met the Woodsman I’d marry him, I just never thought about when. 14 months later, here we are, planning a late-July wedding, and I couldn’t be happier.

It’s going to be my mission not to over read, over think and over do being a bride. I’ve been to weddings where everything was dictated by Bridezilla. From our hair, to our tan lines…I, will not do that. I’m generally a pretty easy going gal and well the Woodsman is even more chill than I am. So far, it’s working. We had visions of casual grandeur about our wedding. It’s pretty ironic actually. We wanted a backyard wedding (courtesy of the Woodsman’s parent’s land), with a tent, paper lanterns and a pig roast. Oh, how reality hit and things change quickly. From the get-go we were asked a million questions about everything and didn’t have an answer for them at all. Neither of us are planners and that’s been our main obstacle. We agreed that no matter what, this wasn’t going to be a stress fest and we were going to stay flexible with everything. After all, it’s just one day…

Once the budget and approximate number was set there was no way we could afford our “casual” backyard bbq wedding, unless we cut the guest list down to 75 people. Both coming from large families, and being one of the youngest on each side there was no way that was possible. Our perfect solution came from my FFIL, his golf club wasn’t too far, could host an outdoor ceremony and give us a discount if we booked with them. Without typing all the details we ended up booking with them and now our wedding is a month sooner. It’ll be an outdoor ceremony and cocktails and a nice big, bright space on a golf course . We’re saving a ton and although it isn’t what we had originally envisioned, it’s no longer a planning nightmare and we’re both happy.

Flexibility, my friends (and fellow brides)…is key.

Although we’re only a few weeks into the planning process, we’re only 5 months away from the big day. If things go like they have been, I think we’ll be fine. I have lots of other crafty stuff, including my dress being handmade by mom my on board for this blog. Lots of exciting things to come, it’s all the good stuff I’ve been waiting for…

Cheers,

FT


(Isn't that pic at the top hilarious...that's totally something I'd say!)

No comments:

Post a Comment