Thursday, February 25, 2010

Flamingo Headbands?!

Hello all! It’s back to some craftiness for this gal. This coming Saturday I’ll be in a craftshow with my FSIL. I honestly don’t have many details about it, except that it’s a PTO fundraiser, 12 hours scrapbook crop and craft show (I will not be staying 12 hours!). Here’s the school’s site if any of you are from the Richmond/McHenry, IL area and want to stop by Nippersink Middle School to say hi!

Ok to my actual point…this past Christmas I made my future niece and nephews (5 in total and I can’t even begin to say how excited I am to have nieces and nephews!) feather stuff and they LOVED it! In the words of Emma who is 6 “Did you make these from a flamingo?!” I made the girls (very girly pinks and purples) headbands and hair clips and the boy a simple feather charm on a leather cord. I never in a million years thought that they’d like them as much as they did….surprisingly they were so easy to make! Normally when I’m using natural feathers like pheasant I spend hours picking out “matching” feathers and feathers that are up to my quality standards. This was completely different. With all those fluffy neon-dyed feathers, I didn’t have to spend the time sifting through bags and bags to find nice ones. These might be just what I need to boost my sales a bit.

Over all I thought they turned out so cute and the girls have been wearing them pretty often and they’ve stood up to their wearing. With my FSILs encouragement I made a ton for this upcoming craft show. I’ve even had an order for a headband/hair clips. My hopes it that these sell at the PTO Craftshow and who knows, maybe they’ll sell well online. Right now I don’t have any pictures taken but I’ll be sure to post some from the show.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment