Friday, November 20, 2009

...Commented on your post.


Hello all!
Long time no blog…my apologies! There just isn’t enough hours in the day to work, apply for jobs, have a hobby AND blog. So now I’m trying to catch up here. I promise I’ll be better! Afterall, it’s almost the holidays and I’m going to actually enjoy them this year :)

So, I’m sort of a social networking site whore. I’ll admit it, I check Facebook everyday and I’m always on Twitter (I did cancel MySpace though…creepy!). For me it’s been a great way to keep in touch with family that I don’t get to see often. Everyday I can count on certain cousins (and a few great friends) to cheer me up with a comment or wallpost. I find it funny that if you were to look at my Facebook Wall and my Fanpage it’s mostly made up of my family. I’m so lucky they’re my biggest fans! I keep in touch with family from Wisconsin, Texas and my best friend (she’s also my cousin) almost like they’re here. I’m even in constant contact with a cousin (by marriage) that I’ve never even met before! She seems like an amazing person and just as loving at the rest of our clan.

So I guess this entry really isn’t about much of anything, but I think you get my point if you have family that you deeply love and appreciate that isn’t close enough to hug. Distance does make the heart grow fonder and Facebook makes the distance a little less noticeable on those days where you post a crabby comment and have your wonderful cousins to show you love.

So to all my long distance family that are friends and fans…I miss you dearly and thank you!

1 comment:

  1. That is the main reason I'm on Facebook a lot: friends. I'm even able to keep in touch with some relatives in Wales!

    But no kidding, Myspace has been dead for a while! It's just so ad-filled and yucky.

    I once laughed at Twitter, but it's helped me a lot. Lately I've seen a huge plummet in activity between me and Twit buddies but... I've been busy so I understand the lack of communication. Hopefully this holiday break will clear that up.

    ReplyDelete